It's been a month since I last posted! Sorry about that - I've been going through some health issues that have taken up a lot of time and energy. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! (I have been updating a little more frequently on Instagram, so be sure and follow me at @lipstickpanic.)
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Vanilla: I finally got this in a shade that works a little better with my summer complexion - just as the cool weather is finally starting to roll in! I've had the same experience with a couple of foundations this year: It used to be that I could just buy the fairest shade in a range and not have to think about it. Now that companies are broadening their shade ranges (which is a great thing!) it looks like they are also adding one or two shades on the lighter side of the spectrum as well, so I need to be more diligent about testing rather than just assume a fair shade will work for me.
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder in Mousseline Pastel
- Jouer Blush Duo in Coquette: I have to point out that this blush duo is NOT as cool as it's pictured in any of the photos I've seen online. I was expecting some pink with a little bit of pop, instead I got a fairly ordinary plum/dusty rose combination. That said, this blusher does blend well and holds on a long time without fading, so it works well for an everyday look.
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly (eyelid primer)
- Tarte Gifted Mascara in Black
- Maybelline TattooStudio Brow Tint Pen in Medium Brown: This has been out in Asia for a few months now, but I finally found it in Target this past weekend! I like the applicator a lot - it draws natural-looking groups of lines instead of making you sketch in one tiny line at a time. I'd like to see a luxury brand tackle this style of brow liner though - the applicator is great, but the inky formula is a little inconsistent in that it doesn't always flow from the pen tip at the same rate, so it can be difficult to get both eyebrows filled in evenly.
- NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Lunar
- Pat McGrath Lust: Gloss in Paraphernalia