What's On My Face Today
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Cream in Light - I usually use the Lingerie de Peau liquid foundation, but I'm trying this one out just for curiosity's sake. I didn't love it the first few times, it just seemed too thick no matter what application method I used, but I think I've finally gotten a feel for it. I just needed to start with a really tiny amount, just a few dots, and then build from there. This method works well with a brush (my preferred tool) but better with a sponge.
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder in Mousseline Pastel
- MAC Crazed Imagination Blush from the 2014 Rocky Horror collection - This is probably as close as I get to a no-makeup look, but my complexion is cool-toned enough that traditional contouring shades are too warm or too brown for me. This blush is a deep plum color, dark enough to use for contour but with enough rosiness to look natural on my skin. I brush a small amount through the hollows of my cheeks. This blush was LE and no longer available, but for something similar, try CabanaBoy from theBalm.
- Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick in Pink Flash - A swipe this down along the tops of my cheekbones. Normally, I'd also add some to the inner corners of my eyes, the bridge of my nose, and my cupid's bow, but when I'm going minimalist like this, I skip those areas.
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly (eyelid primer)
- Glossier Boy Brow in Brown
- Benefit "They're Real" Mascara in Jet Black
- Dior Addict Lacquer Plump in Lovely-D (rosy nude with a high shine finish) - The finish on this is really glossy at first, but it wears down pretty quickly to a natural-looking rosy-brown stain that lasts for a few hours. It does need re-application if you eat or drink anything, but the color pay-off is worth it IMHO.
Tags: Cosmetics What's On My Face Today Benefit Cosmetics Dior Givenchy Glossier Guerlain Hourglass MAC Cosmetics theBalm