What's On My Face Today
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Cream in Light
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder in Mousseline Pastel
- Viseart blush palette in 02 Rose Coral
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly (eyelid primer)
- Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss in Icing - This is so much darker than it appears on the Butter London web site - their swatches are misleading - but it is easy to apply, blends nicely, and gives you the easiest-ever path to a smoky eye, so there's that.
- Sisley Phyto-Sourcils Fix Brow Gel in 2
- Benefit "They're Real" Mascara in Jet Black
- Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Liquid Color Balm in No. 9 (Strip Me Fuchsia)
- Today's fragrance: I'm testing out Eau des Vacances from Fragonard. With its mandarin, orange blossom, and rose, it's very similar to my beloved Aqua Allegoria Mandarin Basilic (from Guerlain), but a little more serious, just slightly darker. I think that's owing to the cedarwood base note (the notes in the two are so close, but the Guerlain really packs more of a punch when it comes to orange-related notes). It's a beautiful fragrance, but so close to the Guerlain that I probably won't get a full bottle, maybe just a decant. Where Mandarin Basilic is too frivolous and fizzy for anything but bright summer days, I could see wearing Eau des Vacances to a nice dinner on a summer evening, or in the winter, when citrus is a surprise and a treat.
You can see which of these shades is my favorite. I love how buildable these are, but I tend to lean towards the cooler hues. Today, though, in the interest of evening things out, I'm wearing the palest coral, the one on the upper righthand side of the palette.
Tags: Cosmetics Fragrance What's On My Face Today Benefit Cosmetics Butter London Fragonard Parfumeur Givenchy Guerlain MAC Cosmetics Sisley Viseart Yves Saint Laurent