What's On My Face Today
- Cover Girl Simply Ageless Foundation in 205 Ivory and Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation Stick in Blanc: I really love the Hourglass stick foundation. The finish is so weightless and natural-looking - if you're expecting something thick and heavy, you'll be surprised. The stick I bought a few weeks ago is their lightest shade and it'll be perfect for my winter complexion, but for summer I need to blend it with something a smidge darker, so I'm using up this Cover Girl foundation that I don't reach for often enough. Luckily, the Hourglass foundation is creamy enough that it blends well with the liquid formula. This was going to be a foundation experiment, but I'm really happy with how this combination turned out.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (concealer) in SX01
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder: I'm working through a sample of this powder, and it probably won't turn into a purchase. It's finely milled but very matte, and I like my powder to finish a little bit glowy.
- Viseart blush palette in 02 Rose Coral: The palest coral shade on the upper righthand side of the palette
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly (eyelid primer)
- Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Beauty Junkie: I love these Magnificent Metals shadows. I've got six of them now, in shades across the spectrum. This newest one, Beauty Junkie, came out a few weeks ago and I just got around to trying it. As glittery as these shadows are, I think they're perfectly fine for daytime wear (especially in the summertime!). Beauty Junkie is no exception. It's a shimmery coral-pink, leaning perhaps a little more coral than it appears in Stila's promotional photos but still very pink. It's hard to get a bead on the color in photos with all that gold shift. And despite all that flash, Beauty Junkie still feels like a neutral that you could wear with anything. (Note: The purple-ish shade on the right in the photo below is 'Gypsy'.)
- Benefit They're Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara in Black
- NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Chocolate
- Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Failbait: With today's shimmery eye, I went low-key everywhere else. 'Failbait' is a pale rose that's moisturizing and has just a little bit of pigmentation, perfect for a minimalist look. I love this formula - unfortunately, the shade has been discontinued, but you can find similar products over at Temptalia's Dupe List.
- Today's fragrance: Guerlain Aqua Allegoria in Rosa Pop
Tags: What's On My Face Today Benefit Cosmetics Cover Girl Guerlain Hourglass Kevyn Aucoin MAC Cosmetics NYX Cosmetics Stila Tarte Urban Decay Viseart