What's On My Face Today
- Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin in 150 Buff: I don't normally use long-wear foundations, but I've got some travel coming up and I think there will be some long days ahead. It's been years since I've really used a drugstore brand, at least for foundation - I've had some bad experiences with oxidizing and orange skin is not a good look on me. But I know that drugstore foundations have improved a lot over the last few years, so I'm auditioning a few of them before my trip. This one, unfortunately, is not going to make the cut. It's a good color match for me, but I think it sets too quickly and that makes it really hard to blend. It also doesn't have great coverage - I had to use a lot more foundation than I normally would just to even out a little redness in my skin tone, and now I feel like I'm wearing a mask.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (concealer) in SX01: When my skin is clear, I don't normally use a concealer at all, but the foundation left me with no choice to even out some of the redness on my chin.
- Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder in Mousseline Pastel
- Milani Color Harmony Blush Palette in 01 Pink Play: My eyeshadow today is really taking center stage, so I've got just a whisper of cheek color from this blush palette. I'm really happy with it, though. The pigmentation is good, the color is good, it's easy to blend. I used to think of Milani as a lesser brand, even among drugstore brands, but I've gotten a few blushers and eye products from them in the past year that I just love, so I think that's changed.
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly (eyelid primer)
- Almay Shadow Squad Holographics in 290 Pegasus: This stuff is amazing! I came across a new drugstore display yesterday when I was picking up these other products and immediately grabbed three of the four quads they had out. Pegasus is a collection of greens, like varying shades of electric seafoam. I'm using one of the darker colors on my lid, with the lightest one as a
- Benefit They're Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara in Black
- Sisley Phyto-Sourcils Fix Brow Gel in 2
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in 001 Pink
- Today's fragrance: Glossier You EDP: I love how much this smells like a cross between clean skin and fresh notebook paper. I wear this when I don't want to feel too "perfumey".
Tags: What's On My Face Today Almay Benefit Cosmetics Dior Givenchy Glossier Kevyn Aucoin MAC Cosmetics Milani Revlon Sisley